In this article you will learn the basics of how to see auras. What are the benefits, how to train your senses and a method of experiencing the aura in two versions of varying difficulty.
Whether you are here to learn how to …
- … assess people and situations quickly,
- … have a distinct advantage in negotiations,
- … be better able to help and even heal your clients,
- … or just to expand your awareness beyond the conventional realm;
… seeing the aura of other people will allow you to take powerful action to achieve your goals.
It is quite easy to see the first layers of the aura. You can do this right now.
All you need is a white background (a wall, a sheet of paper, etc.) and indirect natural light (a daylight light lamp is also sufficient).
Hold your hand 20cm in front of the background, spread your fingers and look through them.
(You may also start with just one finger.)
Now while keeping your focus on the background watch the edge of your hand.
If you look for a few seconds, you will notice a small white glow around it.
This is your etheric body, which has the contour of your physical body. The etheric body is visible around all creatures and objects.
If you look longer, you might see more of the aura, even some light colors.
How To See Auras – The Basics
Traditionally the aura is described as an energy field surrounding any living being and even objects.
More rational it is the sum of all the information a body transmits, through electromagnetic waves (light, heat, etc. ), communication (verbal or non-verbal) or any other possible channels.
The human mind can decode those signals to a far greater extent than is commonly accepted.
So “seeing” the aura involves all of your senses including those thought of as metaphysical. The more you train them, the better your aura seeing abilities will become.
What you are aiming for is increased sensitivity to subtle cues that your environment is giving you.
The following exercises focus solely on training your eyesight and intuition, which are enough to get you started. However to achieve mastery you have to practice all of your senses over an extended period.
For your eyesight, you have to train your peripheral vision and the use of the rod photoreceptor cells.
For your intuition, you have to open your 3rd eye chakra and work on the synchronization of your left and right brain hemisphere.
How To See Auras – Eye Training
The daily use of computers and smartphones leads to atrophy of your eyes’ natural capabilities. Therefore, the first exercises focus on strengthening motor functions.
You can do all of the exercises multiple times a day, but should stop when you start to feel tired. With time, you will be able to increase the duration.
- Sit down in a chair, close your eyes and relax for a few breaths.
- Open your eyes and look straight ahead.
- Now while keeping your head fixed, look as far as you can in the given direction for 5 seconds each.
- Look up.
- Look down.
- Look right.
- Look left.
- Look up and right.
- Look down and left.
- Look up and left.
- Look down and right.
- Circle your eyes clockwise and counterclockwise for ten times each.
- Close your eyes and relax.
The next training is geared towards better eye-coordination.
You need two cardboards size A2. On one of them, using a black marker, draw a spiral. On the other draw one point in the middle and one in each corner.
- Position the first board at eye level in front of you.
- Follow the spiral from the outside to the inside and the other way around, without losing the trace.
- When successful, imagine the spiral in 3D, going into the paper from outside inwards and coming out of the paper from the inside outwards.
- Position the second board at eye level in front of you.
- Move your gaze randomly from one point to next. Make the moves quick, yet steady.
The most important skill, when it comes to seeing auras, is defocusing. Looking past an object, but still being able to watch it with your peripheral vision.
One way of training this skill are 3D-stereograms.
Only when you defocus your eyes, will you be able to see the hidden image. If your are not able to do this, the following exercises will show you how and where your sticking points lie.
Position the picture below 1-1.5 m in front of you. Gaze for 30 seconds at the black dot. Resist the urge to look anywhere else but. Now watch the colored symbols with your peripheral vision.
Notice that the colored symbols seem to be surrounded by an aura of a different color. If your peripheral vision cells have been stimulated for a while, your color perception will change.
It works similar to the shutter of a camera. If you want to take a picture of a night scene, you have to extend the exposure time. With your eyes, you can do this by concentrating on one single point for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Position the picture 1-1.5 m in front of you.
- Reach out with your hand pointing one finger up in a way that when you look through your right eye, your fingertip appears below the left symbol and vice versa.
- Now focus on your finger and watch the symbols.
You will see four symbols, two of each, with the ones in the middle overlapping and showing a white cross. It should look something like this.
In the beginning, the cross will most likely be floating and alternating between the horizontal red symbol and the vertical blue symbol.
In that case, your brain switches between left and right hemisphere. The more dominant hemisphere will keep it’s symbol in front of the other.
By merely focussing on the hidden symbol you can bring it into the foreground. Don’t worry, you will get better in time.
Start with 1 to 2 minutes of concentration and then increase it as you go on. Myth has it that 45 minutes of uninterrupted concentration will make a huge difference in your aura-reading capabilities.
After a while, you will be able to “create” the cross without the help of your fingers.
If you can keep the cross, your concentration and watch everything else around with your peripheral vision, you are ready to see auras.
One thing I noticed from doing all the exercises on this side for a while now is that you have moments of what I call “Whole Vision Eyesight”, when central and peripheral vision work together in perfect harmony, and you see all the details of your environment without the effort and constant scanning around.
How To See Auras – Intuition Training
One way to start getting insights out of nowhere is taking up the practice of meditation.
Like the previous exercise, meditation synchronizes the left and right brain hemisphere. It does that by building neural pathways between the both sides.
Long-term meditation even leads to what scientists call whole brain thinking. Increased creativity and intuition that could be found in people like Albert Einstein and Sir Isaak Newton.
It also calms you down and keeps you in the moment, which helps you be more aware of everything going on around you.
You can start with 10 minutes a day. Nowadays, technology is available to help you get started, even if your mind is all over the place.
There is no excuse for not meditating.
3rd Eye Chakra
Seeing the aura is always also an inner vision.
In Indian philosophy responsible for your psychic abilities is your brow chakra or third eye, which is located on your forehead between the eyebrows. It is through the third eye that visual images are received.
By learning from your experiences and putting them in perspective, it is also your doorway to wisdom.
When seeing auras, it’s a good idea to close your eyes and see what impressions come up. It might just be a color or a feeling. Go with what resonates with you.
Open your 3rd Eye Chakra – Meditation
- At first, breathe normally and become aware of the rhythm of your breath. Then slow it down.
- For a while, breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth.
- Breathe in for ten seconds until your lungs and belly are filled with air. Hold your breath for five seconds. Then breathe out slowly for another ten seconds.
- You should be relaxed by now.
- Concentrate on a simple image, like a circle, triangle or a burning candle.
- Then close your eyes and visualize the picture, you’ve just seen.
- While holding the image in your mind, concentrate on your third eye chakra.
- You should feel a tingling sensation between your eyebrows, which means your chakra is being activated.
You can help channeling the energy to your third eye in two ways:
- By rubbing your palm in a circular motion on your forehead.
- By chanting or listening to the universal sound “om” (aum”)
You can super-charged this meditation by going on a dark retreat. Where you live without any form of light for an extended period. After a while of this and with the right guidance your 3rd eye will go crazy. You will be able to see your soul’s shadow and even begin to do astral travel.
As noted before, you get bombarded with all kinds of information and clues about your environment all day long.
Usually, they go unnoticed by your conscious mind, because your senses do not know what to look for.
Like any measurement instrument, they are uncalibrated.
To calibrate them you need to study all kinds of people and immerse yourself in any situation and environment, the more diverse, the better.
The initial overwhelm will subside when the incoming information starts to make sense.
How To See Auras In Others
And now finally, how to see auras around other people. It is the culmination of all the exercises that you have done before.
Only try this when you are calm and relaxed. Use the third eye chakra meditation to get in the mood.
- Ask a person you trust to stand in front of a white wall.
- Make sure there is only natural, indirect light. The best lighting conditions you will find around dusk and dawn.
- The aura can be best seen in the area around the shoulders and the head from a distance of 1.5 to 3 meters
- Look at the place of the person’s third eye. Some cultures (i.e. in India) put a marking on that spot. In the old ages, this was an invitation to look at and see the aura.
- Now look past the face and focus your eyes on a spot approximately 20 cm behind the person’s head.
- Hold your gaze for 30 to 60 seconds. After 30 seconds watch the outline of the person’s head with your peripheral vision. Remember to keep your concentration and not to look around.
- The aura is pulsating and not static. You might see a kind of fog around the face or the flashing of a light color. The longer you concentrate, the clearer it will be.
- When you get the feeling you have watched long enough, close your eyes. For about 1 to 2 seconds you will now see only the aura. Make a snapshot.
- Visualize this picture and concentrate on your 3rd eye chakra. Try to analyze it with your inner-wisdom. Again go with what feels right. There is no wrong way to do this.
This is a very personal experience as it has as much to do with yourself as with the other person.
Now that you have the tools for how to see auras, it’s up to you to apply them in your life.
The road to mastery might take several years, but with time you get the read on people without even thinking about it or actively looking at their aura.
One Last Advice:
On your journey do not discriminate whom you study and who learn from. Every single person has his form of wisdom to offer.